Saturday, December 31, 2011

Blogger's Choice Fat Quarter Bundle Challenge

I figured I should use some of my time off for some crafty blog reading time and came across the Blogger's choice Fat Quarter Bundle Challenge via Quokka Quilts. I've seen a few of the bloggers I follow creating their own bundles so I was excited to try my hand at it. I'm uber obsessed with 'novelty' fabrics and so I chose one I've been loving as the focal point Critter Community Brown Birds of a Feather:


From there I wanted fabrics that echoed the feather patterns and colours:


And a leaf print to pull out the tree element:

Then I just looked for colours/patterns I liked the look of with these et voila:
Here are the fabrics I used from (note to self - next time number selections on mosaic):
- Pure Elements Pure Orange Solid
- Crazy Daisy Yellow Rhythm
- Outfoxed Yellow and Olive Tossed Triangle
- Outfoxed Olive Fern Stripe
- Pure Elements Parisian Blue Solid
- Pure Organic Chartreuse Solid
- Pear Tree Bright Blue Waving Stripes
- Alien Friends Red Bubble Dot
- Critter Community Brown Birds of a Feather
- Get Together Green Hearts
- Mimosa Orange Chevron
- Anchors Away Orange Diamond Ikat
- Orange Crush Citrus Little Triangles
- Greenhouse Flannel Grass Buttonwood
(I didn't realize this was a flannel when i picked it for its leaf motif - oh well)
- Prince Charming Olive Green Scallop

Phew, that's the whole lot of them. That took a long time of testing out different fabrics to get this bundle and lots of searching to make sure I linked to the right fabrics. Now fingers crossed the judges like my selections.

3 comments:

  1. very cool. this owl/bird fabric is turning up every where. I have seen knitting project bags in that fabric and knitting needle rolls. I love the cross over. I think I shall never truly escape quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your choices. P.s. if you love novelty, you should consider joining my I=spy swap, simple and lots of great choices already. http://midnightmaker.blogspot.com/2012/01/inaugural-i-spy-charm-swap.html

      Delete
    2. I do tend to go for the novelty prints first when fabric shopping though I'm trying to cut back and go for more blenders, solids and different values.

      My issue would be that I am in Canada and wouldn't be able to provide a self-addressed envelope for the swap. Otherwise I would have liked to be involved.

      Thank you for letting me know about the swap. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I might make the finals of the blogger's bundle challenge. January 15th can't come soon enough!

      Delete